Monday, January 6, 2014

And the Rest They Say is History

     How does one begin their first post? Jump right in? Is an introduction in order, almost like a novel? Or is it more like a ritual where you state your intent, or am I getting confused with business meetings?
     Perhaps I can find comfort in the knowledge that hardly anyone will see this so that gives me permission to just run free. I really didn’t think I’d ever start a blog but for some reason I feel that now it’s a necessity. I want an online home. I want to connect with others and have a chance to “invite them over” so to speak.  Home is a big concept to me, encompassing idealization and it's best friend frustration, but also offering a wealth of humor and comfort. I'm sure this blog will have it's fair share of those things as well. 
    As my profile states:
-I am an obsessive curator. I guess that is a nice way to say I am a hoarder. However, to contrast that I am also a ruthless editor. Yes, I much prefer the label of curator.
-The typical analogy of a magpie applies to me- can’t pass up some good sparkle!
- I am indeed a funky dancer. I love music and sing loudly and dance appreciatively. I have danced in a grocery store on more than one occasion but mostly that is to make my husband smile. 

Other things not covered: I'm an interior design enthusiast as easily seen by my pinterest page or the list of blogs I follow. To say I'm a visual person is an understatement. I get caught up in visual details, scintillated by colors and textures. I feel awkward calling myself artistic but I do like to paint and make collages. In fact I think one may be coming up shortly...
 



So with that... Welcome! Come on in and don’t mind the cat hair and don’t get me started about the state of the living room, there will be plenty of time to talk about that later. : )




No comments:

Post a Comment